QiDao Fundamentals Review: Week 40 (Jan 31 — Feb 6)
- 15,689 addresses holding Qi
- 41,691,211 Qi in circulation
- 22,616,300 Qi staked (54% of circulating supply) for an average of 2.58 years
- The DAO received the first FTM payment from Fantom (75,000 FTM)
- QiDao is eligible for Tier 1 liquidity mining rewards from Polygon: $1M vested over 5 months
Table of contents
- Summary Metrics
- Total Value Locked Breakdown
- Liquidity Tracker
- Qi Staking Overview
- Revenue Breakdown
- Prices Update
Total Value Locked Breakdown
Total value locked for the QiDao Protocol encompasses collateral tokens used to mint MAI as well as Aave market tokens being compounded on the Yield page.
Total TVL based on Sunday’s prices
Vault TVL based on 5-week average prices
- QuickSwap: MAI-USDC, MAI-DAI, MAI-USDT, QI-ETH, QI-MATIC, MAI-MATIC
- Balancer: MAI-DAI-USDC-USDT, QI-BAL
- Solarbeam: MAI-MOVR
- SpookySwap: MAI-USDC
- SpiritSwap: MAI-FTM
- Beethoven: MAI-DAI-USDC, MAI-USDC, QI-FTM
- Crodex: MAI-CRO, MAI-USDC
- Saber: MAI-USDC
- Impermax: MAI lending
- Market.xyz: MAI lending
- Trader Joe: MAI-AVAX, QI-WAVAX
- Curve: MAI-av3CRV (Polygon and Avalanche), MAI-fUSDT-USDC
- Otterclam: MAI, MAI-CLAM
- ViperSwap: MAI-ONE, MAI-VIPER
- SpiritSwap: MAI-FTM
- Curve: MAI-USDC-USDT, MAI-am3CRV
- AtlasUSV: MAI
- Qi staking
Qi Staking (eQi) Overview
When you stake Qi you will receive eQi (escrow Qi). eQi is calculated based on the amount of Qi a user locks up and the duration they choose to lock it for. Locking Qi will increase your Qi Powah (voting power) by the amount of eQi you gain. It will also enable you to receive part of the protocol’s revenue. Below are the revenue streams Qi stakers receive:
- 100% gains from farming deposit fee revenue
- 30% of repayment fee revenue
- 30% of Anchor/Swap fee revenue
Requirement to receive revenue distributions: Qi must be staked for at least a week on Sunday before the snapshot block. You can find the snapshot block on the boost page. That means that on Sunday (at the snapshot block), your Qi must be locked for a period longer than a week.
You can stake Qi at https://app.mai.finance/boost
1. Repayment Fee Revenue
Users pay a repayment fee equal to 0.5% of their debt when repaying their stablecoin debt to unlock the underlying collateral. This fee is denominated in the collateral token.
Example: A user has 100 USD worth of Matic and 50 MAI (miMatic) in debt. They then repay 10 MAI. The fee paid by the user would be 0.05 USD worth of Matic (10 MAI * 0.5% fee).
Below is a breakdown of what tokens made up this week’s repayment fees:
2. Deposit Fee Revenue
Deposit fees are paid by users when they submit their liquidity pool (LP) tokens to participate in liquidity mining rewards. The fee is denominated in LP tokens and is equal to 0.5% of the LP token value.
Example: A user that provided 100 USD in liquidity will pay a 0.5 USD fee (100 USD * 0.5% fee) when depositing their LP tokens on the MAI rewards page.
The protocol uses accumulated deposit fee revenue (from all liquidity pools) to farm QI-WMATIC on QuickSwap. All gains are distributed to Qi stakers on Wednesdays.
3. Anchor Revenue
There’s a 1% fee when minting MAI with stablecoins or redeeming stablecoins from MAI through Anchor. As a result, the price to mint 1 MAI is 1.01 accepted stablecoin and 1 accepted stablecoin can redeem 0.99 MAI.
Example: A uses 100 USDC to mint MAI on Anchor. The user will receive 99 MAI (100 MAI — 100 * 1% fee).
Note: with the use of interest-bearing stablecoins as a means to keep MAI’s price from going above $1 over the use of Anchor, USDC reserves will likely remain close to 0.
Join the discussion at https://discord.gg/! We have lively investment and price-talk channels for all degens and Qimps alike.